Thank you for your interest in covering the 18th Edition CGI Rochester International Jazz Festival June 21 - 29, 2019.
We welcome your coverage and look forward to assisting you in any way that we can.
To apply for media credentials please:
- Please review the media guidelines below.
- We provide two types of credentials: Photographer Credentials and general Media (reporter) Credentials.
- Complete the form below including the headliner request if applicable by Friday, June 7
- Approved media will be notified the week of June 10 & receive instructions on how to pick up badges.
- Credentials will be issued the week of June 17.
- Please complete a separate form for each working journalist from your organization.
Who May Apply for Credentials
- Credentials will be provided to working journalists who work for recognized media outlets in accordance with space availability.
- Due to the demand for credentials and the need to abide by festival, artist and venue guidelines, the Festival reserves the right to issue and/or deny credentials at any time and to request copies of past coverage if we are not familiar with your work.
- A separate form must be completed for each working journalist assigned to cover the festival from your organization.
- Due to capacity, we reserve the right to limit the number of media passes issued per organization.
- Credentials are not transferable.
- Freelance writer/photographer applications will not be considered without an official letter from the editor of the publication/media outlet confirming that it has retained you for a specific assignment to cover the festival, review a concert and produce a story or photo coverage.
- Credentials are not provided to representatives from aggregator websites.
- Requests from bloggers are reviewed on a one-by-one basis but are generally not approved unless the blogger is employed and has a confirmed assignment by a recognized media outlet.
- We do not accept requests from photographers not on assignment from a recognized media organization. We do not provide access to photographers for personal, website or spec work.
- Due to capacity, we cannot issue media credentials to family members of media, or members of the media who work in sales, production or other non-reporter/photographer/working journalist roles.
What Access is Provided with Media and Photo Credentials
Guidelines for each venue will be provided once credentials are approved.
- Club Pass Venues – Media and Photo Credentials provide access to all 12 Club Pass venue shows. Access is first come, first served. In most venues, there are no reserved seats for media. Please arrive early if you want to get in. In Hatch Hall only – a limited number of seats for media are held up to 10 minutes before show time. After that, the seats are released.
- Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre for Headliner Shows – Media Credentials – DO NOT provide access to Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre headliner shows. If you wish to cover those shows we have a limited number of complimentary seats for working media only. You must note your request to cover a headliner show with your application in advance and if approved you will be issued a separate ticket. Please contact a PR team member if you cannot use your media ticket. Media Tickets not picked up within 5 minutes before the start of the show will be released back to the box office for sale. Media who do not pick up tickets and do not provide prior notification will not be issued any future tickets. Tickets may also be purchased through our online ticketing system if you wish specific seats ( if shows are not sold out).
- Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre – Photo Credentials –May grant access to headliner shows at Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre in a designated location only for the designated number of songs allowed by the artist. Please make your request in advance. Only a limited number of media photographers can be accommodated. All requests MUST go through the festival PR team. Requests to individual artists' management or publicists will NOT be honored.
Questions? Please contact Amanda Antinore.