Your Guide to the Fest
Please note: Info on the 2018 Festival will be updated in May 2018
All venues are handicapped accessible.
Accessible portable bathrooms for those attending outdoor shows are located:
Courtesy of our presenting sponsor, M&T Bank, ATMs are located in several locations around the festival. See the map for exact locations.
Located in the parking lot of the Rochester Regional Health Big Tent at the corner of Main and Chestnut
Bikes for rent via Zagster at multiple locations around downtown.
BUS ROUTES - ROCHESTER TRANSIT SERVICE
- Rochester’s East End can be directly accessed from several east side transit routes, including 31 Park, 33 Goodman, 38 East Main, 48 University and 57 East.
- The East End is a short walk from the RTS Transit Center, where all bus routes stop. Many routes run until midnight or 1AM, making an evening out without the hassle of parking an easy option.
- Visit myRTS.com for more information and to download the Where’s My Bus? app for real-time bus arrival info on your smartphone from Google Play and the App Store.
- E. Main St. between Chestnut St. and Gibbs St.
- In and outside the Rochester Regional Health Big Tent
- East Ave. near Chestnut St. and Gibbs St. on Fridays and Saturdays
- Midtown Stage on the last night, Sat 7/1 after 6PM
- Harro East Ballroom
- Max at Eastman Place
- The Little Theatre
FIRST AID TENT
Provided by Rochester Regional Health. Located outside the Merchandise Tent on Jazz Street near East Main St.
INFORMATION | PROGRAM GUIDE | BROCHURES | SCHEDULE | QUESTIONS
- Jazz Fest Ticket Shop at 100 East Avenue, open during the festival 10AM–11PM daily during the fest. Call (585) 454-2060
- Get the official XRIJF App! for iPhone or Android - coming in May!
- Pick up a free brochure and program guide at any venue during the festival or at the Ticket Shop during the festival.
- Download our Festival Map
- Shuttle Map
- Sign up for email news
- Like us on Facebook and Follow us on
LOST & FOUND
DURING THE FESTIVAL: Please go to the Ticket Office at the corner of 100 East Ave. Open 10 AM - 11PM daily during the festival. Write your name and cell number on your Club Pass so that you can be notified if lost.
Get official posters, apparel, portable seats, and other great gear are available in the Merchandise Tent on Jazz Street (Gibbs St.) during the festival. Limited items also available online. Open 4:00-11:00PM daily.
XRIJF is held in downtown Rochester, NY in the East End Cultural and Entertainment District. All venues are within walking distance of each other so park once and walk to everything.
The Festival does not operate any parking but there are many surface lots and ramp parking garages conveniently located near festival venues. Please note, many side streets will be closed.
Please read the signs and make sure that parking is allowed wherever you are parking. Many lots are private for the use of their patrons only, so cars will be towed. The Festival cannot take any responsibility people who park illegally.
- East End Garage, 475 Main St. East, Rochester, NY 14604. $7 per car, starting 4:00 PM daily, Sat/Sunday $7 per car starting at 11 am (585) 428-6870 Use Scio Street entrance
- Midtown Garage, entrance is on Clinton Ave or Broad Street (585) 295-9500) Daily Rates: first two hours: $2, each additional hour (or any part of) add $2/hour up to $10 daily max
- Metered Parking Near Midtown - free after 6PM and on weekends
- Washington Square Garage, 111 Woodbury Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14607. $7 per car, starting at 5:00 PM daily, Sat $7 per car starting at 11 am (585) 232-3810
- NYSUT Lot, 30 N. Union Street (corner of Charlotte St.), Rochester, NY 14607. Free, No overnights or WILL be towed.
- South Avenue Garage, 39 Stone Street, Rochester, NY 14604. First two hours: $2.00; Each additional hour or fraction: $2.00; Daily Maximum: $10.00; Saturday and Sunday Maximum: $6.00
- Surface lots, fees vary, all are operated by private owners, the festival does not operate any parking.
- Sister Cities Garage, 28 N. Fitzhugh St., Rochester, NY 14614, 1st 2 hours: $2, each additional hour (or any part of) add $2.00/hr up to $10.00 daily max, weekends free
- Metered Street Parking, free after 6PM, please read signs and only park in legal spots
The use of cameras (still, video, cell phones) and recording devices is strictly prohibited at all indoor concerts at XRIJF. Photography is permitted only by credentialed photographers in designated areas. Concertgoers are asked to please abide by these guidelines out of respect for the artists and others in the audience. Anyone not abiding by these rules will be asked to leave the venue.
Restrooms are located inside every venue. There are also portable bathrooms outside of the Rochester Regional Health Big Tent, the alley adjacent to Kilbourn Hall, along the Avangrid/RG&E Fusion Tent, and on Chestnut Street during the Friday and Saturday concert
Look for our new shuttle bus this year that is accessible and accommodates two wheelchairs. It will circulate all 9 days of the fest from 3PM–Midnight stopping at key festival venues. Onboard WiFi and GPS tracking. Look for shuttle stop signs. Shuttle route loop takes approximately 30 minutes. Sponsored by Harris Beach PLLC.
Shuttle Stops - watch for updates in June 2018
- Radisson Rochester Riverside (corner of St Paul and Bragdon Pl)
- Main St. and Chestnut St.
- North Chestnut (Harro)
- Main St. and Scio
- Broad St. (Xerox Auditorium)
- East Ave. and Winthrop St. (Little Theatre)
- East Ave. and Lawrence St. (Anthology)
- East Ave. and Prince St. (Lyric Theatre) – Sun June 25 thru Thu June 29 only
2018 closing schedule will be announced in May 2018
Gibbs Street (From East Ave to E. Main)
- Sunday, June 19 (Midnight) to Tuesday, July 5 (Morning)
Chestnut (From E. Main to East Ave)
- June 23 (6AM) to June 25 (2AM)
- June 30 (6AM) to July 2 (2AM)
East Ave between Chestnut and Scio - closed June 23 - July 1 (4-11 p.m.)
East Ave (From E. Main to Scio) and Chestnut (From Broad to East Ave)
- June 23 (5PM-Midnight)
- June 24 (5PM-Midnight)
- June 30 (5PM-Midnight)
- July 1 (5PM-Midnight)
Main Street (from Gibbs to Chestnut-not to include Gibbs or Chestnut)
- Friday, June 23 to Saturday July 1(5PM-Midnight)
Midtown Stage at 275 East Main Street (Parcel 5) - the following streets are closed:
July 1 – 7:00AM-Midnight
- Elm St. (From Clinton to Atlas St.)
- Cortland St. (From Elm Street to E. Main St.)
- Andrew Langston Way (From Elm St. to E. Main St.)
July 1 – 3:00PM-Midnight
- Elm St. (From Clinton to Chestnut St.)
- Atlas St. (From Euclid St. to Elm Street)
- Euclid St. (From Chestnut St. to Andrew Langston Way)
- Headliner show and Club Pass tickets if still available – purchase online at rochesterjazz.com, or visit the Jazz Fest Ticket Shop at 100 East Ave open now through June 22 from 10PM–5PM and daily during the fest June 23 - July 1 from 10AM–11PM.
- Club Shows – enter with the Club Pass or $30/$35 cash only at the door. First-come, first-served for everyone, no reserved seating, no advance sales. Redeem your Club Pass ticket before you attend any shows at Ticket Shop now through the festival or in the Merchandise Tent during the festival. Tickets cannot be redeemed at venues. See tickets for more info.
- Free Shows – no tickets required, all shows rain or shine.
- Ticket Shop - located at 100 East Ave Hours: June 1 through June 21 from 10am-5pm; June 23 - June 30 from 10am-11pm.
For information on things to do during the day while you are in Rochester see
- Visit Rochester Official Tourism Website
- I Love NY
- Explore Rochester Guide
- City of Rochester
- Visiting Monroe County
- Greater Rochester Airport ROC
- Visit the Finger Lakes
WHAT TO BRING
- For free shows you can bring lawn/stadium chairs
- Your tickets and Club Pass! (Please write your name and cell number on your pass.)
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Pets, Coolers, or Food
WHERE TO STAYRadisson Hotel Rochester Riverside is the Official Hotel of the Festival
- Jam Sessions nightly during the Festival
- Within walking distance from the Festival.
- 120 E Main St. Rochester, NY, 14604 | (585) 546-6400
- Reservations: +1 (800) 333-3333 ( US/Canada Toll-free )
- Take advantage of the Radisson's exclusive offer - get a one-day Club Pass when combined with a hotel stay.