Thank you for your interest in covering the 18th Edition CGI Rochester International Jazz Festival June 21 - 29, 2019.
To apply for media credentials please:
- Please review the media guidelines below.
- We provide two types of credentials: Photographer Credentials and general Media (reporter) Credentials.
- Complete the form below including the headliner request if applicable by Friday, June 7
- Approved media will be notified the week of June 10 & receive instructions on how to pick up badges.
- Credentials will be issued the week of June 17.
- Please complete a separate form for each working journalist from your organization.
Who May Apply for Credentials
- Credentials will be provided to working journalists who work for recognized media outlets in accordance with space availability.
- Due to the demand for credentials and the need to abide by festival, artist and venue guidelines, the Festival reserves the right to issue and/or deny credentials at any time and to request copies of past coverage if we are not familiar with your work.
- A separate form must be completed for each working journalist assigned to cover the festival from your organization.
- Due to capacity, we reserve the right to limit the number of media passes issued per organization.
- Credentials are not transferable.
- Freelance writer/photographer applications will not be considered without an official letter from the editor of the publication/media outlet confirming that it has retained you for a specific assignment to cover the festival, review a concert and produce a story or photo coverage.
- Credentials are not provided to representatives from aggregator websites.
- Requests from bloggers are reviewed on a one-by-one basis but are generally not approved unless the blogger is employed and has a confirmed assignment by a recognized media outlet.
- We do not accept requests from photographers not on assignment from a recognized media organization. We do not provide access to photographers for personal, website or spec work.
- Due to capacity, we cannot issue media credentials to family members of media, or members of the media who work in sales, production or other non-reporter/photographer/working journalist roles.
2019 Media Guidelines
Media Contacts: Dalmath Associates
Amanda Antinore | firstname.lastname@example.org (585) 729-7533
Jean Dalmath | email@example.com (585) 755-6911
Please read and share with those in your organization covering the festival.
- Please wear your badge all times.
- Media access is for working media only.
- Entry will not be granted without a badge.
- Media Badges are not transferable.
- Access is subject to change at any time according to artist requests.
- Credentials will be revoked for anyone not abiding by these guidelines.
Media Access for Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre Headliner Shows
Still Photo Access – with a Photo Badge only in the designated location for the designated number of songs allowed by the artist.
- Please make your request in advance.
- Only a limited number of media photographers can be accommodated.
- All requests MUST go through the festival PR team. Requests to individual artists' management or publicists will NOT be honored.
Broadcast Camera Access
- Platform is located in the back of the Theatre with a press box direct audio connection to the soundboard.
- Access varies depending on the show and is subject to change. Contact the PR team for assistance in advance for photo access.
- See PR staff when you arrive to be escorted to the designated area.
- Media Credentials DO NOT provide access to Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre headliner shows.
- If you wish to cover headliner shows we have a limited number of complimentary seats for working media only.
- You must have noted your request in advance to cover a headliner show with your application and if approved you will be issued a separate ticket.
- Media Tickets not picked up within 15 minutes before the start of the show will be released back to the box office for sale.
- Media who do not pick up tickets and do not provide prior notification will not be issued any future tickets.
- Tickets may also be purchased through our online ticketing system if you wish specific seats (if shows are not sold out).
Media Access at Club Pass Venues
- Media and Photo Credentials provide access to all 12 Club Pass venue shows. Access is first come, first served. In most venues, there are no reserved seats for media.
- Please arrive early if you want to get in.
- Photography – with photo badge only.
Photo Access at Kilbourn Hall
- Please see a Jazz Fest PR Rep or usher in the lobby to be directed to photo areas.
- Photography allowed for first number only.
- No flash or lights allowed at any time.
- No reserved seats for media. If you have a special need, please let us know.
Photo Access at Hatch Hall
- A limited number of seats are reserved for media and held up to 10 minutes before show time. After that, the seats are released.
- Please go to the head of the line and see an usher to be directed to a media seat. First-come, first-served.
Media Access for All Other Club Pass Series Shows
- No reserved media seats. Please arrive early and wait in line.
- No flash or lights allowed at any time.
- Capacity limited in some venues so please arrive early.
- Out of respect for patrons, please do not block their view.
- Photos limited to 1-2 songs; no photos/video allowed during an entire show.
- Artists have the right to prohibit photos, as it can be distracting to their concentration during a performance, so we appreciate your cooperation.