Your Guide to the 2023 Fest - June 23 - July 1, 2023
One of the world's largest and leading jazz festivals!
Tips to make the most of your festival experience:
- Plan ahead!
- Get news & announcements: sign up for our free newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
- Watch for the lineup announcement in March.
- Download the free app, usually available in April, to listen to tracks, read about the artists, plan and create a custom schedule, get alerts on shows starting, other announcements and more!
- Buy a Club Pass, the festival’s unique 3-day or 9-day value pass to discovery that provides access to all Club Pass Series Shows and saves on the cost of individual shows. Come and go as you like, and discover new artists. As we say, "It’s not just who you know, it’s who you don’t know.” Passes go on sale in October of the year prior to the Festival.
- Browse our website to read artist bios and visit their websites.
- See photos from previous festivals to get a feel for what to expect.
- When you arrive pick up a pocket schedule at any venue or at the Ticket Shop.
All venues are handicapped accessible.
Accessible portable bathrooms for those attending outdoor shows are located:
Loaded with features to enhance your festival experience!
Watch for 2023 updates this spring.
- Find the entire line-up and the schedule for the CGI Rochester International Jazz Festival.
- Create and plan your own personal schedule and itinerary with alerts, maps, and travel times.
- See what’s playing now and starting soon.
- Browse shows and artists, read more about the musicians, visit their websites and listen to tracks.
- Stay in touch with the latest news and alerts and other important information to maximize your festival experience.
- Get important details on venues, shuttle service, videos, and news releases. Connect with the Festival’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts to keep up with the latest posts.
- Sign up for alerts to get important timely messages.
- Never miss a show. Set alerts to upcoming events including how long it will take to get there.
- Easy search functions allow you to browse by date, venues, artists, and times.
- Love a show? Share your favorites with others.
Courtesy of our presenting sponsor, M&T Bank, ATMs are located in several locations around the festival. See the map for exact locations.
You may park your bike in racks located in the parking lot of the RIJF Big Tent at the corner of Main and Chestnut St.
BIKE & SCOOTER SHARE
HOPR bikes and scooters are a fun, healthy and affordable way to get around Rochester. You can also enjoy HOPR bikes & scooters for last mile commuting together with RTS or for recreation. To get going download the HOPR Transit App.
BUS ROUTES - REGIONAL TRANSIT SERVICE
- Rochester’s East End can be directly accessed from several east side transit routes, including 31 Park, 33 Goodman, 38 East Main, 48 University and 57 East.
- The East End is a short walk from the RTS Transit Center, where all bus routes stop. Many routes run until midnight or 1AM, making an evening out without the hassle of parking an easy option.
- Visit myRTS.com for more information and to download the Where’s My Bus? app for real-time bus arrival info on your smartphone from Google Play and the App Store.
FIRST AID TENT
Provided and staffed by Rochester Regional Health. Located on Jazz Street near East Main St. Masks are available at no charge.
INFORMATION | BROCHURES | SCHEDULE | QUESTIONS
- Jazz Fest Ticket Shop will open in June 2023, times and dates to be announced, at 100 East Avenue.
- Call (585) 454-2060
- Download the official App! for iPhone or Android
- Pick up a free brochure at any venue during the festival or at the Ticket Shop during the festival starting June 6th.
- Sign up for email news
- Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
FOOD & BEVERAGES
• E. Main St. between Chestnut St. and Gibbs St.
• In and outside the RIJF Big Tent
• On Jazz Street (Gibbs St.)
• Near outdoor stages
- Max of Eastman Place
- Hyatt Regency Rochester Ballroom
- Wilder Room
- Outside the RIJF Big Tent
- Hyatt Regency Rochester Main Street Gallery for Jam Sessions
- Theater at Innovation Square
- The Little Theatre
Health & Safety Notice - Important!
The health and safety of our patrons, artists, team members, and vendors is our highest priority.
We will closely monitor and abide by all local health guidelines recommended by the Monroe County Department of Public Health and New York State during the festival.
COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease that can be extremely dangerous to people of all ages, especially to those who are elderly and/or have compromised immune systems. If you are ill and have any symptoms, we ask that you please stay home to get well and follow your doctor’s recommendations.
The Festival is held in multiple public places and indoor venues. It is your responsibility as an attendee to assess your risk and determine if it is safe for you to attend the festival.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work together to create a safe and enjoyable festival experience for all.
Official hotel, Hyatt Regency Rochester, 125 East Main Street, Rochester, 585-546-1234
Other Hotels within walking distance of Festival venues
- Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown 155 E Main St, Rochester, NY 14604
- Holiday Inn Rochester Downtown 70 State St., Rochester, New York, 14614
- Courtyard Rochester Downtown, 390 East Avenue, Rochester, New York, USA, 14607
- Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - A DoubleTree by Hilton 550 East Ave, Rochester, NY 14607
LOST & FOUND
DURING THE FESTIVAL: Please go to the Ticket Office at the corner of 100 East Ave. Dates and hours to be announced.
Write your name and cell number on your Club Pass so that you can be notified if it is found.
AFTER THE FESTIVAL: Call the festival office at (585) 454-2060. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get official posters, apparel, and festival great gear and gifts in the Merchandise Tent during the festival. Locations and hours to be announced.
RIJF is held in downtown Rochester, NY in the East End Cultural and Entertainment District. All venues are within walking distance of each other so park once and walk to everything.
The Festival does NOT operate any parking but there are many surface lots and ramp parking garages conveniently located near festival venues. Fees vary.
Please note, many side streets will be closed.
Please read the signs and make sure that parking is allowed wherever you are parking. Many lots are private for the use of their patrons only, so cars will be towed. The Festival cannot take any responsibility for people who park illegally.
- East End Garage, 475 Main St. East, Rochester, NY. Special event parking rates apply. $7 pay upon entry to the garage Saturdays & Sundays. Weekdays, $7 pay upon entry starting at 3 p.m. (585) 428-6870. Use Scio Street entrance.
- Midtown Garage, Entrances are located on South Clinton Avenue, Court Street, and East Broad Street. (585) 295-9500) Daily Rates: first two hours: $2, each additional hour (or any part of) add $2/hour up to $10 daily max. Operated by Buckingham Properties.
- Washington Square Garage, 111 Woodbury Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14607. First two hours: $2, each additional hour or fraction: $2. Daily maximum: $10. Saturdays and Sundays free. (585) 232-3810
- South Avenue Garage, 39 Stone Street, Rochester, NY 14604. First two hours: $2; Each additional hour or fraction: $2; Daily Maximum: $10. Saturdays and Sundays $6. Free for Jam Sessions attendees from 10:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. courtesy of the City of Rochester.
- Sister Cities Garage, 28 N. Fitzhugh St., Rochester, NY 14614, first 2 hours: $2, each additional hour (or any part of) add $2/hr up to $10.00 daily max, weekends $7 (Special Events)
- The Strong Parking Garage, access off Howell Street, special Jazz Fest rate of $7 daily for non-museum visitors. All cars not removed by 11:30PM will be towed. For informtion call 585-263-2700 during the museum’s hours, and 585-410-6300, after hours.
- City of Rochester On Street Metered Parking - Parking meters are in service from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Free after 6 p.m. and on weekends.
The use of cameras (still, video, cell phones) and recording devices are strictly prohibited at all indoor concerts at RIJF. Photography is permitted only by credentialed photographers in designated areas. Concertgoers are asked to please abide by these guidelines out of respect for the artists and others in the audience. Anyone not abiding by these rules will be asked to leave the venue.
Restrooms are located inside every venue. There are also portable bathrooms outside of the RIJF Big Tent, the alley adjacent to Kilbourn Hall, along with the Avangrid/RG&E Fusion Tent, and near outdoor stages.
All bags are subject to search at every entrance and every venue.
Hyatt Regency Rochester on East Main St.
Glory House International (formerly Lutheran Church) on Chestnut St.
Temple Theater on Liberty Pole Way
Corner of East Ave and Chestnut St.
Innovation Theater on E. Broad St.
The Little Theatre on East Ave.
GIBBS STREET (From East Ave to E. Main)
EAST AVE (From Scio to Chestnut-not to include Scio or Chestnut)
MAIN STREET (From Chestnut to Scio-not to include Scio)
PARCEL 5 SHOWS
● CORTLAND (Elm to East Main)
● ANDREW LANGSTON WAY (Elm to East Main) 3 - Midnight
● ELM (Clinton to Atlas) 3 - Midnight
● ATLAS (Euclid to Elm) 3 - Midnight
● EUCLID (Chestnut to Andrew Langston Way) 3 - Midnight
● COURT STREET (From Broadway to Chestnut Street)
We appreciate your feedback during and after the festival. Please share your thoughts and comments via our annual online survey. Links to be provided in June.
TICKET SHOP HOURS
Located at 100 East Ave
Dates and hours will be announced closer to the festival.
Redeem your Club Pass ticket at the Ticket Shop in June, dates to be announced before you attend any shows. Tickets cannot be redeemed at venues. More info
Club Shows – enter with a Club Pass or $30/$35 (Kilbourn Hall) cash only at the door. You don't need a Club Pass to attend Club Pass shows. First-come, first-served for everyone, no reserved seating, and no advance sales. Arrive early!
Save Time in Line at Kilbourn and Max - for the first shows only we offer a wristband system to save you time spent in line, time to get food and drinks before the show, or to enjoy other shows and activities around the festival. Just line up at 4 p.m. outside Kilbourn or Max and receive a color-coded wristband that will specify a return time to see the show. You must be present and in line to get a wristband. Come back at your assigned time and enjoy the show!
Free Shows – no tickets required, all shows rain or shine.
While at the fest, stop by the Visit Rochester Booth on Jazz Street.
For information on things to do during the day while you are in Rochester see
WHAT TO BRING
- For free shows, you can bring lawn/stadium chairs
- Your Club Pass! (Please write your cell number on your pass.) Club Passes cannot be replaced if lost.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Pets, Coolers, and Food